FEMA’s Individual and Community Preparedness Division is hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 4, 2016, focused on engaging the public on disaster preparedness and resilience efforts serving youth.
Title: Preparing Youth for Disasters
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2016
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
- Bruce Lockwood, Acting Captain, Emergency Management Division, East Hartford Fire Department, CT; Former Commissioner, National Commission on Children and Disasters, will share the background on the unique needs of children in a disaster and the importance of preparedness planning and education.
- Sarah Thompson, Save the Children, will share information on Save the Children’s Prep Rally, which helps children learn the basics of emergency preparedness through engaging activities and games and can be formatted to fit your program.
- Hilary Palotay, American Red Cross, will share information on the Pillowcase Project, a preparedness education program for children in grades 3–5.
- Captain Rob Tosatto, Medical Reserve Corps & Jane Shovlin, AZHOSA, will share information on the partnership between Medical Reserve Corps and HOSA and how to engage youth in contributing to school and community preparedness.
How to Join the Webinar:
- Connect using the Adobe Connect Registration Web Link.
- Please register for the event. Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection prior to the meeting.
- This webinar will offer closed captioning.