September is National Preparedness Month. Are you ready for hurricane season? Here are some simple steps you can take to keep you, your family, and property safe before, during and after the storm.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
Visit ready.gov for more tips and information.