Getting to Resiliency Webinar
June 26, 2014
Join Sustainable Jersey, the Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve, and the NJDEP Coastal Planning and Land Use Division to learn what coastal municipalities in New Jersey can do to become more resilient, prepare for coastal flooding events, and earn points toward Sustainable Jersey Certification.
The webinar will include:
- Getting to Resilience, a community self-evaluation tool related to climate change and preparedness
- Case Study: Little Egg Harbor Township's experience in Getting to Resilience
- Climate Adaptation Flood Risks, a Sustainable Jersey action
- DEP's coastal program and municipal resources
- NJ Resiliency Network, a program offering resources to NJ municipalities for recovery and resilience
Stormwater Management Workshop: Stormwater...from the streets to the sea
July 17, 2014, Margate, NJ
- Introduction to Stormwater Management - What is it? Why it matters
- Sea Level Rise and its Role in Stormwater Management
- Climate Change, Stormwater and Shore the Communities
- Stormwater Management Tools - ideas and Innovative Techniques
- Green Infrastructure
- Environmental Site Design
- Technological advances (e.g., porous pavement)
- Innovations in BMPs
- Rain barrels
Sponsored by the City of Margate in conjunction with Sustainable Margate.
New Jersey Association of Floodplain Managers Conference 2014
October 14-16, 2014, Atlantic City, NJ
The annual conference provides an opportunity for professionals in the fields of engineering, hydrology, geology, planning, code enforcement, floodplain management, and emergency management to participate in plenary sessions and concurrent sessions on a broad range of relevant topics. The conference provides training opportunities and networking events and also includes a series of training workshops, which are free with paid conference registration.
For more information, visit http://www.njafm.org/page-1858597.