While disaster relief efforts in the wake of Sandy are currently underway, chambers of commerce and economic development organizations (EDOs) might be wondering what they should be prioritizing to respond and assist - particularly in the days, weeks, and months ahead.
On Friday, November 9th, the International Economic Development Council will host a webinar featuring two organizations serving on the ground in economic recovery efforts following major disasters: 1) an EF-5 tornado which touched down in May 2011, devastating 1/3 of Joplin, Missouri and 2) Jefferson Parish (next to New Orleans) which was completely flooded by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
This webinar will help you understand:
- what to expect in terms of response and recovery issues in the coming days and months.
- what your economic development organization's role could be in the recovery process.
- effective communication methods with your local businesses.
- critical short-terms actions that can spur long-term recovery.
- constructive ways to manage communication challenges and stress.
Register online at https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/993408559